A message from Mrs Phillips

Christmas letter

Good Morning Parents/Carers and Children,
Who would ever have thought that we would be celebrating Christmas this year as we have in Sketty Primary! It has been a tough term, but our children and staff have risen to the challenge and through all the social distancing and the sea of hand sanitiser, we have achieved wonderful things! It is my pleasure to announce we have retained our Platinum Eco award!
A big thankyou to all the children and staff for this as some of the work needed was completed over lockdown through online learning.
Almost all classes have recorded a little treat for you to see we have had some Christmas spirit in school. All videos were recorded within the children’s bubbles and I am sure you will enjoy the final edits! We must forgive year 2 and Nursery for not having anything filmed. Individual and class isolations, staff absence and the move to online learning has scuppered their plans. I am told that they will record something in the New Year!
A final farewell to the wonderful Mrs De Kayne who leaves us on Friday to embark on adventures new! We shall miss you but wish you all the love and happiness on your retirement.
Finally, a message to you all from me. Thank you so much for your support, patience, very kind words and sense of humour as we continue to wade through the pandemic that rages on around us. The New Year will I am sure bring its own challenges. However, I know our families, children, staff and governors have a wonderful mantra to survive this unprecedented time -we are stronger together! We work as one to ensure our children get the best, safest school experience we can possibly deliver! Whatever 2021 brings we are ready!
So until we meet again in the New Year have a wonderful Christmas, please keep safe, follow the rules and this year, eating too much chocolate, is allowed.
Thank you again for your continued support.
With much love,
Nadolig Llawen! Merry Christmas!
Mrs Bev Phillips
Head Teacher