Good Morning!

Hello Everyone,

We have had a very busy first few weeks of term! Thank you to all those who were able to attend my first Head Teachers meeting. As I said at the meeting I have an open door policy and if you have any issues or concerns you wish to speak to me about please don’t hesitate to pop in and see me. I will always do my best to accommodate you and answer any queries you have.

Our ‘Meet the Teacher’ meetings were very well attended and I hope they were found to be beneficial to all.

Our School has been very busy, from attending lectures at the University to having lots of very valuable learning experiences visiting a variety of places. Our current creative projects in year 3 and 4 are well under way with the year 4 art work being displayed at the National Waterfront Museum this week. All our art work from across the school this year will be turned into outside boards so we can create an Out Door Art Gallery!!!

I would like to thank the PTA for organising our Macmillan coffee morning, all children and staff for taking part in our non- school uniform day and Ali, our fabulous cook, for her fabulous support. Money raised from the year 5 cake sale also was added to monies raised that day which amounted to……….£600!! How fantastic!! Thank you again for all your support. The PTA AGM is on Wednesday 4th October at 6.30 pm. If you are interested in being apart of this wonderful group, who work tirelessly for the school, please come along!

And finally, I would like to thank Miss Lewis and Caitlin (year 6), Chair of Eco Committee, for organising, with our catering department, a wonderful fruit tasting event. This was part of our re-launch of the Fruit Tuck Shop in assembly this morning! Our year 4 girls, who composed and sang their own song in assembly were amazing!!

Many thanks for your continued support!

Mrs Bev Phillips

Head Teacher