Happy Half Term Holiday!!

What a busy half term it has been! The children and staff have worked incredibly hard and completed an array of fabulous projects.

We had a wonderful Halloween Disco organised by our super PTA. Everyone had a fabulous time, including the teachers, who showed off their dance moves!!!

There have been too many hi-lights for me to single out any thing specific! But I would like to mention a visit from ESTYN this week, who came to look at the quality of teaching in our school. Mr Richard Lloyd, the ESTYN inspector, sent an email after his visit which said;

“A quick note to thank you, your team and the children for the welcome yesterday and for sharing the schools work so openly. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the school. I got a real sense of momentum in the school’s work. This came through really well in my interviews with all who contributed yesterday, especially the children. Sketty Primary School is included in this thematic survey because it has demonstrated the capacity to improve overall quality of teaching across the school.” Well done everyone!

The survey will be published on the ESTYN website later this year.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everybody for such a warm welcome! Everyone has been so kind! We have so much to look forward to after this holiday, including School Photographs, parents meetings, Yoga and………….. Christmas!!!(to name a few).

As everyone is aware the Head Teacher hotline to Santa opens on the first day back from half term and I will be sending him weekly updates on all of our children so he can keep his “lists” up to date!!

Have a wonderful half term and I look forward to seeing everybody on Monday 6th November, well rested and ready for the rest of the Autumn Term!!