Headteacher End of Year Post

The children have been very busy and enjoying the  last couple of weeks in school.   It’s been a very happy end to an excellent year.  The children have worked very hard this year and should be proud of their many achievements.

Year 6 have had a memorable end to their primary school education.  They performed their show ‘The Wizard of Oz’ outstandingly well last week.  The standard of singing, acting and overall performance was, quite simply, superb.  Many congratulations to the children and the staff.  Our thanks also to the parents who helped prepare props and scenery in the preceding weeks.

Year 6 then enjoyed their residential at Pendine Activity Centre earlier this week, taking part in a number of outdoor and adventurous activities.   The children were a pleasure to take away, challenging themselves and behaving impeccably throughout.

They then finished with a visit to ‘Go Air’ on Thursday, mustering enough energy to trampoline for a couple of hours.  They certainly will be glad of the holiday!  They have been an outstanding group of youngsters – a real credit to themselves, their families and the school.  We wish them all the very best in their new secondary schools.  Pob lwc Blwydden Chwech.

We held an emotional final day Assembly yesterday.  Every class performed items and showcased their talents. It was a great celebration and a memorable occasion.   I felt very humbled.

I would like to thank you all for your support during my time as Headteacher of the school and  I am incredibly grateful for the kind messages and generous gifts I have received as I say goodbye to this super community.  The  school continues to develop and I am sure will go from strength to strength.

I wish the amazing children, the staff, the new Headteacher Mrs B. Phillips and yourselves the very best in the future.  I shall always be proud to have been Headteacher of Sketty Primary School.  I will take away many fond memories and will certainly keep an eye out for the future successes of the school.

Have a great holiday.  Schools starts back on Wednesday 6th September for the children.