Welcome

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mrs Beverley Phillips and I am the new head teacher at Sketty Primary.  I am very excited about all the wonderful activities and projects that have been planned for the new term. Already, the Lighthouse Theater have been into school with their production of ‘The Bells Of Santiago’. Years 3,4,5 and 6 were able to watch this spell binding story of the sailors and their journey around Cape Horn to Chile. Year 4 have run with this project working with local artist Keith Bayliss and composing their own song depicting the life of a sailor aboard one of the ships! Very exciting indeed.

Year 6 have already visited LLancaich Fawr to support their history topic and year 3 are off to “Big Pit” this Thursday. And this is just our second full week of the new term!

I would like to thank all staff, parents, carers, grans and grand-dads and of course the children for the wonderful welcome I have received! It’s never easy being new in a school but everyone has been so kind I feel as if I’ve been here for a lot longer than twelve days!!

This is my first time writing a blog and I’m told I have to make sure it’s updated every Friday!! So, from this Friday I will do all I can to keep you updated with all the school news and notice of up and coming events. As ever, if you have any queries or worries please do not hesitate to contact me. I will do my very best to help and support you and deal with any issues or concerns you have.

Thank you again for all your support and kind words.

Here’s to a fabulous 2017-2018 academic year at Sketty Primary!!

Mrs Bev Phillips

Please note the Year 3 trip is Thursday not Friday as previously stated – apologies for any confusion.

19/09/2017