Topic: Disaster Zone
Children will be:
- Learning how scientists predict climate change will cause extreme weather.
- Learning about the water cycle.
- Writing story starts about an extreme weather event.
- Reporting from the scene of an extreme weather event.
- Disaster day: children will role play disasters.
- Producing a survival information pack for an extreme weather event.
- Produce a public notice advert for an extreme weather event.
- Writing, reading and talking in the context of the information genre.
- Writing, reading and talking in the context of the persuasion genre.
- Writing, reading and talking in the context of story telling focusing on story starters.
- Focus: forming letters correctly, capital letters and full stops used consistently and use of dictionaries and thesauruses to develop vocabulary.
- Multiplying by 10,100 AND 1000
- Fractions 1/4 to 1/10
- Temperature and measurement.
- Direction (compass points)
- Interpreting data
- Adding and subtracting using the column method
- Symbols and using keys
- Continents and countries
- Compare and contrast climates
- Healthy Living and Diet.
- Water cycle
- Netball; Problem Solving Games
Resources for Home-Learning – click on the table you would like.
Children can access a variety of resources on their HWB account.